Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring is here!

Today is March 21st; the first day of Spring. Here in Dallas, it was sunny and warm with a high of 82. It was one of those days that made it difficult for anyone to be in a bad mood. Everything seemed to be alive and awake, growing and thriving.  I woke up earlier than usual this morning and had a light cardio workout, followed by a yummy bowl of Kashi cereal (my favorite) and 2 cups of coffee.
Work was productive and I was able to take care of a lot of administrative things I have been meaning to do. When I left my office, it was still clear and warm outside. I would have put the top down if I had a pony-tail holder with me, but instead I had to settle for rolling the windows down. I listened to some of my favorite tunes, The Doves as I made my way home, and I gave a homeless man on the corner of the street an orange.
I was too sleepy to work out immediately when I got home, as I usually do, so I decided to lay down and take a quick snooze. This turned into an hour-and-a-half nap. I woke up, reoriented myself and threw on some workout sweats. I decided to work out in my living room with all of the doors open and music blaring overhead. The cats kept fighting and interrupting my workout, but I just yelled at them every once in awhile and they knocked it off. After I was finished, Blake and I made a fresh dinner with the veggies we bought from the Dallas farmers market yesterday and watched an unbelievable sunset over the skyline. It was a great day, and a perfect way to start off the week, and new season. I truly am blessed to live in such a wonderful place, with amazing friends and family close by.

No comments:

Post a Comment